2018 TOPRA Awards winners crowned
Posted on 2/11/2018
Winners of the TOPRA Awards for Regulatory Excellence 2018 were announced last night (1 November) at a dinner ceremony in London, UK.
The prestigious Awards, now in their ninth year, celebrate the achievement of individuals, teams and organisations in the wider regulatory affairs community.
This year’s Awards attracted the highest number of nominations in its history. Nominations came from around the globe, including the US, France, India, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Ireland, Turkey and the UK.
The winners are:
- COMMUNICATION: Marjorie Zettler, Cardinal Health
- CONTRIBUTION: Mike McConnell, DLRC
- EDUCATION: Nathalie Schultze and team, F Hoffman-La Roche Ltd *
- FUTURES: Diamond BioPharm **
- HORIZON: Magda Bujar, CIRS
- INNOVATION: Viagra Connect Team, Pfizer ***
- SUPPORT: Diamond BioPharm ****
Tomas Salmonson was honoured with the LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award for his contribution to regulatory science and the regulatory process. He joins the previous honourees in this category from industry, academia and agencies.
Lynda Wight, Executive Director of TOPRA, said: “As always, I have been blown away by the excellence of all our shortlisted nominees and the exceptional commitment to quality in every aspect of regulatory practice displayed by the winners. They are all stars in our profession.”
This year’s awards were supported by Amplexor (FUTURES sponsor), Syneos Health (CONTRIBUTION sponsor), Voisin Consulting Life Sciences (VCLS) (INNOVATION sponsor), Pharmalex and PPD (Champions sponsors).
* F Hoffman-La Roche team members: Nathalie Schultze (lead), Valerie Murer, Heidi Kern, Matthieu Peigne, Arlene Bartolome, Jennifer Rilstone, Louise Hayes
** Diamond BioPharm team members: David McCarthy, Maria Fernandez, Harriet Dolding, Maureen Graham
*** Viagra Connect team members: Kate Stockman, Anna Nightingale, Michelle Riddalls
**** Diamond BioPharm team members: Amy Lindley, David McCarthy, Maria Fernandez, Harriet Dolding, Francois Rugiero, Antony Appleyard, Amanda Cross, Kim Mason, Maureen Graham