The venue is NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport hotel which is conveniently located just ten minutes from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and easily accessible by car and public transport.
The event will provide a forum for leaders and senior regulatory affairs professionals drawn from across the industry to review what innovation should look like over the next 3-5 years.
As the professional body for regulatory affairs professionals working in the pharmaceutical, medical device/IVDs, and veterinary industries, TOPRA's role is to support them through times of change and to facilitate robust debate on the vital topics which influence the regulatory landscape.
Join us for this essential in-person event which will provide you with the chance to meet and network with colleagues and experts.
Taking place over one day, the Innovation Summit will address areas including:
In the following three panel sessions, our expert panellists will brief delegates on current key topics and provide perspectives on what the future may hold over the next three to five years:
- Patient access to medicines innovation
- Unlocking the potential value of real-world evidence in regulatory decision-making
- The future of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Debate and impact: an interactive session for attendees to respond to and suggest innovative solutions to the topics discussed.
This session will explore some of the major barriers, and future opportunities when it comes to improving patient access to innovation with a specific focus on medicines. The discussion will focus on what may help us to improve future access to innovation.
Panel session 1 - Patient access to innovation: challenges and opportunities in a changing world
Confirmed panellists include:
Download the full programme
- Dr Michael Berntgen, Head of Scientific Evidence Generation, European Medicines Agency
- Chiara Brouns, Policy Adviser/Strategic Buyer for Expensive Medicines, Association of Dutch Health Insurers
- Chris Hoyle, Head of Market Access, Pricing & HEOR, Europe-International, Immunocore
- Wija Oortwijn, President, Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi)
- Nathan Sigworth, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, CCX
- Moderator: Dr Mel Walker, Biotech/Digital Health Advisor
for more details about the first Innovation Summit panel session.
Panel session 2 - Unlocking the potential value of RWE in regulatory decision-making – what does it take?
This session will explore current use of real-world evidence (RWE) in regulatory decision-making, some of the major barriers, and future opportunities/role of real-world data (RWD) to generate evidence complementary to traditional clinical research. The discussion will focus on what may help us to unlock the potential of RWD/E in regulatory decision-making.
Ali Holland, Head of Decentralised Clinical Trials, Medable, Inc
Almath Spooner, DARWIN EU board member
David Wormser, Executive Director for Early Evidence Generation, Novartis
Patrice Verpillat, Head of Real-World Evidence, EMA
Moderator: Dr Chantal van Gils, Director Epidemiology & RWE, NDA advisory services
Download the full programme for more details about the second Innovation Summit panel session.
This panel session will explore some lessons learned as well as discuss opportunities and controversies in healthcare, including pharmaceutical development and medical devices. The discussion will focus on what may help us to improve the future of healthcare using
Panel session 3 - The future of Artificial Intelligence in healthcare
Confirmed panellists include:
- Francesca Cerreta, Scientific Administrator - Scientific Evidence Generation Department, European Medicines Agency
- Leon Doorn, Head of Regulatory Compliance, Aidence
- Moderator: Dr Célia Cruz, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Complear
Download the full programme for more details about the third Innovation Summit panel session.
This meeting offers 6 CPD hours for successful completion. To learn about why CPD is important, visit our Lifelong Learning page.
- Non-members: £260+VAT*
*VAT, if applicable, is charged at the rate of 21%.
Terms and conditions
Please read the training terms and conditions before booking this course. By booking a place on this course you are agreeing to the training terms and conditions.