We look forward to welcoming you to the first virtual TOPRA Symposium!
The following information will help you in the run-up to the event. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
How to access the Symposium platform
- Go to www.toprasymposium.eu using a desktop/laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- Enter the email address to which this email was sent.
- Follow the prompt to create a password for the Symposium site.*
- Check your email to validate your account.
- Return to the site to sign in.
* You'll only need to create a password and validate your account the first time you try to enter the Symposium platform. On subsequent entries just visit the Symposium URL and log in with the password you've created.
If you have trouble accessing the site please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Need help using the platform?
We'll be answering questions about using the Symposium online platform on 29 September from 13:00–14:00 BST (GMT+1). Just log in to the platform, choose the Symposium Online Platform Live Chat on the Programme page and use the chat function to get in touch.
Watch our guide to using the platform:
Are your details correct?
Certain information about all of our attendees has been pre-loaded into the Symposium platform to facilitate ease of networking. We suggest you visit the 'My Profile' section of the platform to confirm your details are correct, and while there take the time to:
- upload a photo of yourself
- add further information about your expertise
- provide social media links so new acquaintances can follow you in the future
- check your privacy settings so you don't miss out on any opportunities to make new connections.
Pre-event day (29 September)
On 29 September we will be holding a pre-event day. The agenda is:
- 1:00pm BST / 2:00pm CEST - Virtual tour of the Symposium online platform
- 2:15pm BST / 3:15pm CEST - Welcome to the Symposium
- 2:30pm BST / 3:30pm CEST - Annual Lecture by Debra Yeskey, Head of Regulatory Affairs, North America, CEPI (Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations), on “Responding to Disease X … A Regulatory Perspective”
- 3:45pm BST / 4:45 CEST - Professional Development session exploring unconscious bias by Imaginarium's Joe Cheal.
Programme and presentations
Both the sessions list and presentation documents for your event are located on the Symposium platform.
Session timings should appear in the online platform in sync with the time zone set in your device - eg, a session scheduled for 12pm BST should appear to users in the CEST time zone as occurring at 1pm CEST.
Most presentation documents will be available for download as PDFs from both the programme record for each session and in the Resources area of the platform. Some presentations will be available to preview before they are presented live. But as presentations may change on short notice, final versions will be uploaded after the Symposium and available to access for three months after the event. Recordings of live presentations will be available to watch later the same day after each session has concluded and remain accessible on the platform for three months after the event.
Download the complete Symposium programme (PDF)
Throughout this online event there will be numerous opportunities for networking with colleagues and exhibitors, including networking sessions hosted by several TOPRA member networks and by the Symposium's sponsors and exhibitors.
Networking opportunities will be hosted in dedicated online video rooms that offer you the flexibility to easily drop in as your schedule allows. You also will be able to contact other Symposium attendees one-on-one at any time using our platform's chat function, and have ample time to talk to our sponsors and exhibitors via direct video chat about how they can help you - you might even win a prize for doing so.
Our Membership team will also be running a Q&A session each day at the virtual Symposium, targeted at prospective and existing members. Alongside these sessions, there will be Membership challenges and competitions running throughout the duration of the Symposium.
The Symposium will host the presentation of scientific posters with a digital version of the poster and abstract available to view. As in other years, posters which are submitted by students will be awarded a jury’s prize; however, this year we will also be offering an audience prize, so make sure you cast your vote.
Be social – spread the word and raise your profile
Please use the hashtag #TOPRASym20 to share your Symposium highlights on social media.
We wish you a fantastic Symposium!
The TOPRA Symposium Team