To book follow the 2 steps below
- Click 'Book Now' to pay and
receive your access code
- Register to create your password
& username, enter access code
and start the course
1. Online Booking
Balancing important short term tasks with the completion of critical but longer term project based work is a key challenge for every professional.
This course will give you the skills and techniques to be able to handle a project successfully, ensuring deadlines are kept and objectives are met.
Project Management enables the learner to:
- Overcome any initial stumbling blocks
- Understand what a project is so you can clearly define what is involved to ensure each stage of the project can be understood and implemented effectively
- Ensure you deliver projects on time and within budget by understanding what management tools to use, how to schedule, plan and cost a project
- Maximise your chance of success by ensuring your project teams have the right blend of knowledge, experience and perspectives
- Ensure the project hand-over and launch goes smoothly so you can focus on measuring its success
- Minimise the chance of problems with the project by learning techniques for managing risk and maintaining quality
What is project management?
- What is a project?
- What are the stages of a project?
- What is project management?
- What are project constraints?
Defining the project
- Who identifies the need for a project?
- Who is involved at the project definition stage?
- How do we define customer needs?
- How do I write a project brief?
- What happens once the project brief is signed-off?
- What is my role as project manager?
- How do I build a project team?
Beginning the project
- What are the stages to planning a project?
- How do I come up with a milestone plan?
- How do I plan in detail?
- What costs do I have to consider when planning?
- What controls and processes do I need to put in place?
- How should I launch the beginning of a project?
Managing the project
- How can I monitor and control the project?
- How should I react when things aren’t going to plan?
- How do I make sure my team pulls together and holds together?
- How can I monitor project risk?
- What is change control?
- Finishing the project
- What do I do when the project is finished?
- What can we learn from completed projects?
- How do I make sure the hand-over goes smoothly?
- How can I judge the success of the project?
This course is designed to appeal to staff who are responsible for project work.
Less experienced staff will find that the course will help them understand the process and be more effective at managing a project.
More experienced or senior people will value the opportunity to spend time reviewing their approach to project management techniques.