- Support of the Board and link between Board and office
- Governance including elections, annual meetings and Annual report
- Strategy development
- Management of office
- PR and external relations
- Advisory Council management
- Professionalism development
Lynda was a Regulatory Affairs professional in the pharmaceutical industry and helped establish a global clinical research organisation for which she became Executive Vice President. She also set up ‘Rostrum,' a company offering training services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Lynda was an active member of our professional association, serving in a variety of roles, including Symposium working party chair, Chairman of the Publications Committee, Company Secretary and a member of the Board. She became an employee, heading up the headquarters activity, in 1998.
Lynda is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, and a member of Council for the Section of Pharmaceutical Medicine and Research. She is a Fellow and Board Director of the Institute of Association Management and has served as a member of the Steering Committee for the Professional Associations Research Network (PARN).
She has published extensively on clinical research and regulatory topics.
Contact Lynda for:
- General corporate enquiries, collaborations and policy
Director of Corporate Services
• Finance (monthly management accounts, annual accounts, audit, policies)
• HR (policies, staff files, salaries)
• IT, Legal, Contracts, Company secretarial
• Premises including health and safety.
Steve Wratten is TOPRA's Director of Corporate Services, with responsibilities for Finance, HR, Facilities and IT. Steve has experience of similar roles in the financial, telecoms, and transport sectors and has worked in a voluntary position in the charity sector and also as Acting Chief Executive of the Haemophilia Society.
Contact Steve for: Expense policy queries
Director of Education & Training
• Responsible for the management and development of TOPRA’s wide range of educational and training programmes
• Ensuring that standards are maintained and identifying new income streams, modes of learning and new areas of interest for healthcare regulatory professionals
Prior to joining TOPRA, Neil was working as a Consultant in Vocational Education and Training. He has a Master's degree in Education and has held roles in Business Development and as Vice Principal of a Further Education College. Latterly he has been Director of Strategic Partnerships and Chief Executive of NCC Workforce Development UK. Neil's experience is especially beneficial in the business aspects of the TOPRA programme, including exploring external funding and strategic partnerships.
Contact Neil for:
• Ideas for course development
• TOPRA In
Director of Publishing and Communications
• Leadership of TOPRA Publishing team providing excellent information services and high-quality communications for members and the wider RA community
• Managing all TOPRA’s publications – from Regulatory Rapporteur to our booklets – and developing the website and enhancing social networking opportunities for members
• Organisation of the TOPRA RA Awards
• Advertising and Website
• SPIN co-ordination (technical aspects)
Jenine worked as an editorial consultant for TOPRA before taking on the permanent role of Director of Publishing and Communications. She is responsible for managing all TOPRA’s publications, the website, as well as setting up the TOPRA RA Awards that recognise achievements in regulatory affairs. She has 25 years+ experience as a journalist in healthcare publications, including Nursing Times and Scrip Magazine. Her previous full-time role was Editor of the Good Clinical Practice Journal.
Contact Jenine for:
• In Touch
• Book ideas
Managing Editor, Regulatory Rapporteur
• Publication of TOPRA’s flagship monthly journal, Regulatory Rapporteur
• Liaising with TOPRA's Editorial Board to commission all editorial content
• Coordinating peer reviews
• Liaising with authors and consultant editors
• Subediting articles for publication
• Overseeing journal design and layout.
Madeleine has been reporting on the pharmaceutical industry for more than ten years, with previous roles as acting editor on Good Clinical Practice Journal and chief sub-editor on Scrip Magazine. She joined TOPRA in 2009 to become Managing Editor of Regulatory Rapporteur. The journal provides peer-reviewed, in-depth coverage of topical regulatory affairs issues to TOPRA members, regulators, academia and industry libraries.
Contact Madeleine for:
• Information on writing/submitting articles for publication in Regulatory Rapporteur
• How to obtain previously published articles or issues
• Information on the editorial board and related volunteering options
Head of Membership
• Developing TOPRA’s membership strategy and initiatives
• Developing membership communications and database systems
• Facilitating membership growth and creating progression pathways
Duncan has worked in membership management for more than 10 years, developing membership processes, procedures and teams of advisers, most recently as Membership Manager at the Institute for Learning. He has a degree in Politics and is experienced in managing large scale databases, creating growth, benefits and raising awareness of the need for professional bodies. Duncan also sits on the board of trustees for the TM Trust.
Contact Duncan for: All areas of membership
• Member enquiries and record maintenance
• Processing new member applications and approving member screening requests
• Producing monthly and yearly membership statistics.
Lisa has a long association with TOPRA, having joined BIRA in the 90s as Office Service Assistant. In early 2000 she travelled to St Lucia for an extended working holiday, rejoining TOPRA in 2002 as Academic Administrator for the MSc. As Membership Coordinator, Lisa has recently celebrated 10 years at TOPRA.
Contact Lisa for:
• Member joining and renewal
• Contact detail changes
Membership Development and Communications Manager
• Marketing Communications (corporate)
• Promotion of all Events/Activities
• Members e-news
• Website and Social Media Development
• Quality of Communications Literature
Erik is responsible for meeting the Board's objectives to grow membership, explore additional services and further building TOPRA's external profile. He was previously Marketing Executive with the Sector Skills Council for Science & Engineering Manufacturing Technologies. Previously he was Marketing & Development Executive for Miller Freeman, publishers of Food Manufacture, and Manufacturing Chemist. Erik studied International Management at the Arnhem Business School, and he has a Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing from Kingston Business School.
Contact Erik for:
Regulatory Intelligence and Training Manager
- Developing TOPRA’s training, conference and meeting programmes
- Establishment of Working Parties (WP) and management of individual programme planning meetings
- Programme development for all courses and conferences
- Speaker liaison
- Regulatory Intelligence, training and career advice
Christopher supports TOPRA's many working parties in their efforts to develop informative training programmes with well-briefed speakers to deliver the best in regulatory education and training. Christopher is an Applied Biology graduate and also holds a Diploma in Management Studies and the TOPRA Diploma in Regulatory Affairs. He has worked for the Medical Research Council, the pharmaceutical industry in sales and finance before moving into regulatory in the late 1980s. He has also worked in regulatory at local and global levels within the EU.
Contact Christopher for: Ideas on course content, Regulatory Intelligence and careers
Regulatory Training Executive
• Oversight of ‘regular’ core training courses (e.g. Basics and CREDS)
• e-course development.
Emma joined TOPRA in 2011. Her main role is the project management of the TOPRA CRED programme, in conjunction with the working parties, to ensure that TOPRA continue to deliver top quality regulatory education and training. She is also developing TOPRA activities in the area of e-learning. Emma joined us from GlaxoSmithKline where she gained over 10 years of wide-ranging regulatory experience.
Contact Emma for: Ideas for e-courses
• Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
• Monthly reporting on Event performance to WP, Directors & Staff
• Assistance in Budget preparation
• Contact for all Insurance matters
• Main contact for all database matters and responsible for effective data quality & structure
• Multi-country VAT payments and reconciliations
Vincent joined TOPRA as Management Accountant in 2010. Prior to joining TOPRA Vincent gained work experience in finance roles in the architecture/design, charity, recruitment, media/broadcasting, technology & banking sectors. This extensive work experience includes roles successfully completed in Ireland, UK, US and Australia. Vincent is a Certified Accountant and also holds a BA (Hons) Degree in Accounting & Finance having graduated from Athlone Institute of Technology and Griffith College Dublin, Ireland
Contact Vincent for:
• Insurance matters
• Booking Form
• Financial Details
• Invoicing delegates for all events and courses
• Member invoices
• Supplier and expense payments
• Bank reconciliation and contacting suppliers to resolve queries/ obtain outstanding balances
• Processing new member payments and membership renewals.
Hayley has a degree in Geography from Portsmouth University and had worked at TOPRA at the end of 2007 and in early 2008 on a temporary basis before going travelling to Australia, New Zealand and the Far East. Hayley has been the Accounts Assistant since 2009 and is responsible for all office administrative support, helping with invoicing, and with customer and supplier queries.
Contact Hayley for: Expenses and invoices
Sarah Roberts Purenins
Senior Conference Manager
• Logistical management of all courses and conferences
• Venue identification and liaison (AV, Menu, rooms etc.)
• Delegate bookings and liaison
• Speaker logistical requirements
• Meeting statistics and feedback.
Sarah initially joined TOPRA as the Meetings Co-ordinator before joining permanently in April 2006. She currently manages meeting logistics including delegate registrations, venue and meeting liaison ensuring that TOPRA events run smoothly. Previously, Sarah managed the membership and conferencing section of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). She was responsible for organising seminars and conferences globally including in Europe, Asia and the US.
Contact Sarah for: General conference enquiries, bulk booking enquiries and and booking places at meetings.
• Coordinating the logistics related to TOPRA foundation, CRED and Autumn Introductory courses in the UK and Europe
• Online course registrations
• Speaker Requirements
• Evaluating courses.
Amifa joined TOPRA in 2011 after working in a variety of organisations from an investment bank to a learning institution. After graduating with a Social and Political Science Degree from Cambridge University, she explored her passion for event organising through numerous projects. Amifa is currently increasing her knowledge base and skills by studying for a Diploma in Event Management.
Contact Amifa for:
• Face-to-face and online course enquiries
• Feedback on conferences and courses.
• Organising the MSc modules, finding venues, negotiating contracts and organising the logistics for all modules
• Secretary to External and Internal Exam Boards, Course Management Committee meetings, Module Leaders meetings, Staff Student liaison meetings, and the Joint Board of Studies
• Co-ordinate Quinquennial review
• Assisting the Course Director in the update of the yearly Annual College and Course Review, Student Handbook and other course documentation
• Annual graduation ceremony.
Kay joined TOPRA in July 2006 as maternity cover for the Membership and Advertising Secretary. She then went on to become Office Coordinator. Taking over the position of Postgraduate Administrator 2007, Kay is currently studying Business Studies with the Open University which has given her a greater understanding of her students' needs.
Contact Kay for: All MSc-related queries
- Book sales and campaigns
- Library subscriptions
- Supporting the TOPRA Regulatory Affairs Awards
- Marketing communications
- Website admin
Rachel graduated from the University of Leicester in 2012 with a degree in English, joining TOPRA in September 2012 in her first role post-studies. As Communications Coordinator, Rachel supports the TOPRA Publishing and Communications team. She is responsible for raising the profile of TOPRA activities and keeping members, industry and press contacts informed of TOPRA news, products, services and activities via the website, e-newsletters, social media and supporting publications.
Contact Rachel for:
- Advertising on the TOPRA website and in the Regulatory Rapporteur
- Marketing and communications
- Queries regarding the TOPRA Regulatory Affairs Awards
Office Services Coordinator
- Stationery, catering and other office supplies
- Supporting the Accounts, Events and Membership teams
- Assisting with in-house events
Katie joined TOPRA in April 2013 as Office Services Coordinator following her return from three months travelling in Asia, New Zealand and America. Having previously gained experience working in a Corporate Health Club, Katie welcomes the opportunity of working for TOPRA in her first London based role.
Contact Katie for:
- Hiring the meeting room and arranging teleconferences
- Requesting TOPRA materials